Monday, February 17, 2014



 
Children's Book Reviews by Gib and Beck
(always politically correct, never to offend!)



(African-American dad and his son who apparently reads National Geographic at age 1.5 - Check!)

(Nerdy Caucasian dad reading to his son who probably gets his lunch money stolen - Check!)

(Asian dad reading to his son with a horrendous bowl-cut - Check!)

(stock photo Hispanic dad reading "la Biblia" to his son whilst both bearing cheesy fake smiles - Check!)

(token "catch-all" photo of a guy with ambiguous ethnicity who is pretending to read a book - Check!)



Hello All.

Having a son has changed my life in many unique and wonderful ways. 

I can definitely say I have a different perspective on life now that I am a father. 

This different perspective on life includes many things, not the least of which includes an opinion on the many, many, many, many, many, many children's books that I have read and will read, and will be forced to read again, sometimes reading the same book over, and over, and over, and over again. 

Some children's books are wonderful. My son absolutely loves them. 

Some children's books are terrible. Like, hilariously terrible, and yet my son still absolutely loves them. 

I am starting this blog to provide parents and the non-parental, children's literature aficionado with precise, detailed, and insightful reviews of today's most popular and "not-so-popular" children's stories. 

I have also devised a rating scale in conjunction with my 11 month-old son, Beck. This rating scale will be an average between how much Beck enjoys the book, and how close I think it comes to being the dumbest thing ever written. 

Example:

"Book A"

This book receives 10/10 "dahs" from Beck, but only received 2/10 points from me because of the crap writing and/or the crummy illustration. That would give it an overall children's book rating of 6/10 on this blog. 

Simple enough right?

Anyways, stay tuned for the first update as Beck and I review If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff, with illustrations by Felicia Bond. 

Sincerely,
Gib and Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment